Mind problem

I have been infactuated with the most beautiful actress, not physically but mentally after watching her movie(love film)... frequently she s coming to my dream, i cant concentrate anymore.... what should i do???????? i am not that type of person who always thinking about girls, i respect the girls and also I am not sexually affected but she s disturbing me....

Doctor Answers (1) on Mind problem

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
When we watch movies, we are virtually living the life as lived in the movie. We tend to identify with one or more characters portrayed in the movie & start thinking and feeling from their position. We might also idealize some characters as portrayed in the movie & later transfer the devotion to actress/actor who played the role because we would already have imagined actress/actor to be that role. All these are absolutely natural. Beautiful actress in your case has also played the role of a beautiful person in her thinking, emotions & actions that too in a love story which you might expect for yourself..? You have further fantasized a lot about movie and now she has become your dream girl. My friend, now i would like you to consider few more things. Though a movie seems like reality, its just a grand expression of someone's imagination. Actors and actresses are just playing out this imagination to you though they need not believe in any of it. Most of the actors and actresses are beautiful to look at because director and producer would want for audience to idolize actors & watch the movie repeatedly. So movie itself is a dream. You currently are letting a dream command your life which is like sleepwalking. With little more efforts you will be able to come out of this dream & focus on building your reality beautifully. Later on movie would just leave few messages and a little fondness in your mind. After a week, if you still find issues concentrating consult a counselor/psychologist. Take Care.