Mentally disturb

I m a 32 years old lady, gone through domestic violence upto 26 years of my life and after marriage in 2010 I told everything to my husband but being from gud family, I didn't get major mental support from him, I am a mother of a 2 years old son now, my husband go office and I m at home taking care of my baby and house, feel very alone don't find interest in any thing, though I have everything. Feels mentally lost, and isolatedno support from any family member, feel like run ing away from my life or commit suicide.

Doctor Answers (1) on Mentally disturb

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello dear, its sorry to hear that you suffered from so much abuse for such a long period of time and even after that you did not find the emotional support that you were looking for. Howsoever, you have said that now you have a 2 year old son and are well settled but can't find peace in this too, so you should know that persons suffering from abuse and violence are left with deep marks on their psychological makeup which affects their further growth too. Kindly meet a psychotherapist to share your grief, identify and acknowledge your fears and overcoming your difficulties. You will strictly need professional help to come out of your current state of depression. But do know that this is possible and also, you must try, if not for yourself then for your little son who deserves a loving and affectionate childhood.