Mental irritation

I had done a big mistake .. I ws into relation with my bf nd I slept with someone else.. nd my bf dound that I was cheating.. I loved him nd still love him.. I confessed everything nd he also forgave me .. but still tht thing is irritating me a lot.. each nd everyday.. I cry a lot.. I cant frgv myself.. help me

Doctor Answers (2) on Mental irritation

Dr. Swapna Patker Mumbai | Clinical Psychologist
Making mistakes is human . You need to forgive yourself and concentrate on future. The more you get irritated , you are spoiling your relation further more. Take help of a psychologist and get over the negative feelings that bother you. Earlier the better .
Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
If your bf and you have discussed things between yourself, you should focus on the present than the past. That said, guilt is a difficult emotion to deal with, so if time doesn't deal with it seek a psychologists help to get over this with regular counseling.In the meanwhile, take care of yourself.