Mental illness

I have been observing a lot of changes in my wife behaviour from couple of months. She is always low and crying. She has lost interest in everything and she always stays alone without interacting with people. She doesn't eat on few days and hogs on food few days. She either sleeps less or oversleeps. She is too short tempered these days and even a minor thing makes her angry and upset. She always complains about her weakness and leg pains and body aches. She tried committing suicide. I m worried to leave her alone. Is she having depression ? Can someone please advise what I need to do now?

Doctor Answers (1) on Mental illness

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi... Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem. Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells. Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent depression from worsening. Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help preven,t a relapse of symptoms.... Consult Psychiatrist....