I have missed my periods. My last periods was on 30th January. I had intercourse the day before. Protected sex. My periods ended on 3rd February. I have gotten my periods in February. I have missed them. I had protected sex on 6th March. I took a pregnancy test too and it was negative. I am yet to get my periods. Is stress a factor? My sleeping habits are very poor since my exams are going on. I have been sleeping late every night around 2 o'clock. And getting up at 8:00 in the morning.

Doctor Answers (1) on Mensuration

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..., In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress...Consult Gynecologist for further evaluation and treatment...