Menstrual cycle

I would like to know what food should be avoided and what best to be consumed during menstrual cycle. I also have severe pain and cramps. My back and lower stomach gets pain like hell. Part of my legs and area side to ankle in legs do pain a lot. I would like to know what can be done to get over with this. I currently do not have any access to medicine. Any home remedies suggestions would be of help. Any medicine is to be consumed. Can I know the reasons for this pain.

Doctor Answers (1) on Menstrual cycle

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... Well the pain which you are experiencing is normal...most of the gals face this pain....I suggest you to take ample rest during that also need to keep yourself hydrated... There is no food restriction as such...the pain is due to uterine contractions which is trying to throw out the uterine lining in form of menses...thank you