Medicine enquiry
I am taking levipil 1000mg daily. My doctor asked me to double the dose once I conceive. I want to wil it be fine if  I double the dose. What will be the side effects both if I double the dose and if I not? And is it necessary to double the dose.

Dr. Ashwini S
Infertility Specialist 14 yrs exp Bangalore
It all depends on how stable is your epilepsy and how frequently u get attacks. It has to be managed along with a neurologist.  Convulsions in pregnancy is much more dangerous than the effect of the drugs on u and your baby.  So decision has to be taken keeping in mind all the above factors.