I have missed my periods and recently had sex with my boyfriend. So I think I am pregnant. Is it possible to get abortion done without this coming into the knowledge of my family? And will it be safe and legal to do? I am under medication for thyroid.
73 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 27 yrs exp Pune
Thanks for your question. You can get an abortion done. The earlier it is done the safer the medical procedure. You will need to get it done at a government approved centre by a recognised practitioner which is usually a gynaecologist. You will have a choice of a medical or surgical procedure. Your doctor is duty bound to maintain your confidentiality but you should be aware that any such medical procedure is associated with risks such as bleeding, infection, pain and rare serious complications can involve severe haemorrhage requiring  blood transfusion and even hysterectomy. In consideration of this it would be wise to confide in someone responsible who can be therefore you in case anything goes wrong. Also it would be a good idea to discuss future safe and reliable contraception so that you do not have to go through such a situation again. Best wishes
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
0/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.