Masturbation addiction

Dear doctor..am now 21..am masturbating since my age of 10 frequently. .. now i am suffering from nervous weakness..so please giude me with foods and ideas to recover from this problem..please..i will be so thanful to you..i cant say it openly to anyone..and i feel shy to consult doctors lively and get suggestion..so please give me some tips plz

Doctor Answers (1) on Masturbation addiction

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there......, Masturbation now is regarded as a normal, healthy sexual activity that is pleasant, fulfilling, acceptable, and safe. It is a good way to experience sexual pleasure and can be done throughout life. Masturbation is only considered a problem when it inhibits sexual activity with a partner, is done in public, or causes significant distress to the person. It may cause distress if it is done compulsively or interferes with daily life and activities. Consult sex therapist...