Masturbate addict

Hi...I 30 yr old got knee surgery thrice I'm on bed from 2014 December I'm addicted to masturbate I'm unable to control it daily..I'm jobless so daily I will do this and going mad..I can't walk or else I would spent time outside

Doctor Answers (1) on Masturbate addict

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
I see that you have suffered a lot. We all need one or the other sort of engagement to sustain. Being bed ridden, without any engagement is not easy. Your body as well as mind might get restless. You also are observing rest of the world leading it's life normally when you are striving to get on your feet. You might be going through physical pain additionally. You are a brave person who is managing all these with your inner strength. In your current mindset it's natural to look frantically for ways to engage. Masturbation being a sexual expression has been keeping you engaged & relieved of physical & emotional tension for a while. A job need not be something which needs you on your feet. Keeping this in mind, please look out for some ways which gets you committed to some engagements. Once you engage in something you like & also communicate with rest of the world confidently, just the way you have done here; your frequency of masturbation will come down. If you couldn't find any avenues for engagement consult a career coach for assistance. Take Care & Face the life as it is.