Malabsorption
Hello, my symptoms starts before 6 months I losses my 15 kg weight and abdominal pain , .I eat lot but no weight gain ,then my doctor said that this is malabsorption ,so what can I do ,how can I treat this

Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, I went through your query, Malabsorption syndrome refers to a number of disorders in which the intestine can't adequately absorb certain nutrients into the bloodstream. Causes could be from bile related, pancreatic, inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, etc.. other genetic causes. Treatment depends on the cause. Losing 15kg in 6months is a significant weight loss. You need to investigated thourouly to find the cause, please consult a gastroenterologist.