Maintain milk supply

I have had low milk supply from beginning..so could breastfeed very less..have always supplemented with formula feed and given in bottle...now i recently noticed that my 5 month female baby is not interested in sucking from breast ...she refuses breastfeed and drinks from bottle.so expressin milk and giving it to her in bottle once a day...all other feeds are formula milk in bottle..how to make sure that i maintain my milk supply when she is not sucking...already milk supply is low atleast i want to maintain it for some more months so i can give mothers milk in some form to her.. If i use breastpump regularly will it help? Also how can i make her to take interest in breastfeeding atleast occasionally?

Doctor Answers (1) on Maintain milk supply

Dr. Anand K M Ernakulam | Pediatrician
Try to continue breast feeding, don't lose heart, try to increase milk supply by taking at least 2 to 3 litre of water, there are some medicines which can be tried to increase milk supply, if nonthing works try using a electric breast pump to express the breast pump and can be given via palada or bottle, after 6 months start solids gradually, and after 1 year cow's milk can be given, if using bottle try to wean off bottle as the baby gets bigger