Lymphoplasmacytic cells

Hello, I had my endoscopy done last week but I don't have a time to meet my gastro. Can anybody explain the results of my biopsy and endoscopy. I am really tensed about presence of lymphoplasmacytic cells in test report. I have attached my report with this question.

Doctor Answers (2) on Lymphoplasmacytic cells

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. i haven't examined you so i won't go into detail of anything, but according to what is there in your report, i would say that its normal. lamina propria is a layer in which certain cells namely lymphocytes and plasma cells have infiltrated that is what it means. in certain cases like infection/ inflammation etc such infiltrations happen. so it may not be anything to worry about. but still i would advice you that you consult your gastroenterologist with your reports because he is the person who has examined you and taken your detailed history so he would have some provisional diagnosis in mind. Best Regards, Dr. Anil Kumar Jain
Dr. Manaswini Mullapudi Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, it just means there are lymphocytes and plasma cells... These are normal cells in the blood that accumulate in areas where there is long standing (chronic) infection or irritation. It's not a very specific marker and there are a lot of causes. Not to worry. Your doctor will update you on the rest of it.