Lumps under skin

I had a couple of lumps in my stomach and now I can see they are growing in number and are also in chest area and side of stomach and chest. They only pain when pressed. I am a bit overweight as well. It would be really helpful if somebody can tell me if it's because of body fat or is it anything else.?

Doctor Answers (1) on Lumps under skin

Thanks for the query. Lumps in the skin are not uncommon in general population. Any lump should be taken seriously and merits a consultation. In case it is painful and increasing in size, it requires urgent medical attention. Consider meeting a Dermatologist or surgeon for physical examination and if needed a fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) or skin biopsy can be done to ascertain the nature of this lump. Skin biopsy will be both diagnostic and therapeutic as well. It will be very comforting to know the diagnosis and will help to make precise treatment plan. Sometimes after a consultation and biopsy, active treatment may not be needed but periodic follow-up is all that may be necessary. Do not delay the consultation. Hope it helps.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
All the best.