Lumps under skin
I had a couple of lumps in my stomach and now I can see they are growing in number and are also in chest area and side of stomach and chest. They only pain when pressed. I am a bit overweight as well. It would be really helpful if somebody can tell me if it's because of body fat or is it anything else.?
55 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Manoj Agarwala
Dermatologist 12 yrs exp Delhi

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹900 for 24 hrs

Thanks for the query. Lumps in the skin are not uncommon in general population. Any lump should be taken seriously and merits a consultation. In case it is painful and increasing in size, it requires urgent medical attention. Consider meeting a Dermatologist or surgeon for physical examination and if needed a fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) or skin biopsy can be done to ascertain the nature of this lump. Skin biopsy will be both diagnostic and therapeutic as well. It will be very comforting to know the diagnosis and will help to make precise treatment plan. Sometimes after a consultation and biopsy, active treatment may not be needed but periodic follow-up is all that may be necessary. Do not delay the consultation. Hope it helps.
Next Steps
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Health Tips
All the best.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.