cardiologist-icon

Low HDL Cholesterol Level

Hi Doctor, I'm working in a sedentary lifestyle environment and had a full body check up recently. In the results that I've got, all the parameters are normal except HDL cholesterol alone. My HDL Cholesterol value is 39 mg/dl. The Reference range given are Low60. Kindly let me know the possibilities of curing this if this is to be seen seriously. Also please let me know the effects and the lifestyle practices that have to be followed to be safe. I'm completely unaware about this. Thanks & Regards.

Hello... Hello..Have fruits and vegetables, grains, beans, nuts, and seeds,Using olive oil as the principal fat, replacing other fats and oils, saturated fat is not good for health...Limiting usage of processed foods,you need to take in fewer calories than you burn. So that unburned calorie dont get stored as fat,
Dr. J. V. Srujan
General Physician 6 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

The recommended HDL levels for men and is >40mg/dl and >50mg/dl respectively. Yours is almost normal. Regular exercise, maintaining normal weight and healthy eating should be sufficient for you.