liver-icon
Liver donation to my mom
My age is 22 n my blood group is A+ as my mother . My mom needs a liver transplantation as suggested by doctor . I m ready to donate my liver but Doctor pls suggest what is the risk of this . . . Is this has long term effect n what will be the recovery tym for me . . .pls reply

Hello....... Before organ transplantation HLA typing should get matched.. Otherwise it won't accept... Most of the times family members organ will not be accepted.. And you are his son ,chances are less.... Ask your doctor once... It takes very long time for recovery, she will be put on immunosupressants after transplantation..