diabetes-icon
Light pain in throat
I hd light pain in right side of throat around thyroid region, visited ENT, taken the prescribed medicine but of no use, pain is not severe but feels discomfort neither the pain is continuous. I was smoking (20 cigarettes a day) and taking alcohol ( almost every day) since last 10 years but had discontinued both smoking and drinking a month back ( throat pain started prior to quitting). Since last few weeks i had noticed rise in appetite , more carving for sweet ( I like sweets since childhood), less sleep and feel more cold than others in the room. Although I had quit alcohol but if I want to have sometimes it feels like vomiting.. I don't know if all these are connected. Pls suggest which doctor to visit.

Dr. Geetendra Singh Dhanawat
Diabetologist 15 yrs exp Mumbai
Please check your Fasting sugar, Post prandial sugar, TSH and HBA1C level. . You need a physical examination for neck region for any swellings so consult a good experienced physician or endocrinologist. Your symptoms are indicative of hypothyroidism.