Lichen (oral and skin)
My father is suffering from oral and skin lichen from past 1 year. He is under treatment but is not helping much. Sometimes it goes and suddenly it comes back. He can't eat properly due to this and facing lot other issues. Can someone please suggest what should we do in this case?
50 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. D.P. Jayanth
Dermatologist 16 yrs exp Mysore
Lichen planus can take time to resolve. Oral ulcers can be painful and disabling. Maybe you can talk to your dermatologist about stronger oral medicines for lichen planus. Such as oral steroids or cyclosporine. Many blood tests and evaluation needs to be done before the medicines are started. If there are one or few oral ulcers, intra lesional steroid injection by a dermatologist is also an option. Meanwhile, he can use anti bacterial moutwash thrice daily for oral hygiene and better healing. A milder pain killer like paracetamol may be given.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.