Leg shin pain

Im a runner . Ran in wipro chennai marathan on jan31. Then i had leg pain . I consulted karthik doctor in ik hostipal. He gave tablets and some treatment then in from middle of march , he advised me to take rest for two months with no running . Still muscle pain is there behind shin bone. he told it will go away as days pass. Now my question is whether i can play cricket ?(which involves some running)
views-icons 35 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Leg shin pain

doctor profile image
Dr. Swathi S Aithal
2 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | General Physician

INR 100 for 24 hrs

Hello, I understand your pain and It seems that your pain is refraining you from doing your activities. According to your history it kooks like you have developed shin splints and that is why you're having pain while you run. Never mind all you have to do is to give it rest and apply ice and heat packs alternatively in a day both together should in count of 4 in a day. It would.give you better relief. But since you.have asked whether you can play or not yes you can but if you bowl or field in out field you will have to run and there you will feel the pain again. Now the choice is yours. Thank you
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?