Leg pain
7month ago I had a mild pain on my butt,and slowly it spread to my thigh,and later to my whole leg I had severe pain, took MRI nd found I had stenosis, a disc prolapse. when I consulted a doctor he said am in a deadline for a surgery and get admitted as earlier,I was not ok for a spine surgery at this early age, am I really on a rist to have a surgery,or can I have some other option for relief. am obese. pls suggest. am in agony.

Dr. Chandan Mohanty
Neurosurgeon 6 yrs exp Mumbai
Hello. Sorry to hear this. Please share your MRI report and medication list from your consultation. Most of the time, these symptoms can be well controlled with medications but in a small fraction surgery is necessary. Wishing you a speedy recovery.