Left knee fracture

On 3 of May I had an accident, i fell from my bike and left knee was detected with 3 hairline fractures, initial CT scan report is attached I have been resting for 3 weeks now, please suggest, resting is the only option or is there any option for faster recovery?

Doctor Answers (2) on Left knee fracture

Dr. Rajiv Mehta Delhi | Physiotherapist
Since ur report shows displacement of bone so just rest will not do bones must be reduced to its original place. Visit a orthopedic surgeon soon.
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello. Based on the history you have given I think you should know that harline fracture appear as a very faint line in the x-ray and the fractured bone generally remains aligned in the normal position without any displacement. The main logic behind applying plaster of Paris is to maintain that alignment and avoid bone displacement, which might end up causing improper union of the fractured ends leading to abnormal movements and abnormal appearance of the fractured part. Sometimes displacement can also affect the nearby nerves and blood vessels supplying that area. Pop is the basic and simple method use to support bone healing in a proper way.....kindly consult a orthopedic surgeon for further queries...