Late speech

My daughter is 3yr, and 4months. She was late in almost all,crawling teething walking, but now at this age she is in pre kg, she uses one or 2 words, but does not talk or respond my question. She days 1 to 10 ,a to z, tamil words, but single words, she can't explain what happens in her school, what should I do?

Doctor Answers (3) on Late speech

Children's speech and language development follows a typical pattern. For example at first birth day the normal children speak at least one meaningful word, at the age of 2 years they should able to combined two words and at the age of 3years expected to speak in sentences .The deviation in such pattern is considered as delayed speech and language. Early professional help (Speech language therapy) can be very much effective for developing the communication skills and achieving academic goal among such children.
Mr. A.V Nautiyal Delhi | Neurofunctional Speech Therapist
Please consult speech language pathologist for details speech and language assessment and on the basis of assessment SLP will plan intervention program for child speech and language outcome for effective communication.
speech and language assessment
speech therapy
Yes, she is slow in language. You have to consult a speech therapist ASAP, for the needful.