Late periods

I had taken an i-pill in the month of Jan even though my boyfriend and I had safe sex, Feb I had my periods almost 12 days early (12th Feb instead of 26th) and now in March I am almost 10 days late. Please suggest me why this can be happening and what should I be doing? Should I visit a gynaecologist? p.s. I have been taking Thyronorm (50 mcg) for quite a few years now. My thyroid levels are above normal.

Hello there...., In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress.. Kindly consult Gynecologist for further advice...