Laser hair treatments

Planning to take laser hair removal treatment in face please suggest. ..If I take will it b permanent removal?
views-icons 62 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Laser hair treatments

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
There are three main types of laser for hair removal in Indian skin, diode laser, NdYAG laser and IPL. There is no single best laser. A good dermatologist will be able to give you good results with either one of the machines. The aim in hair removal is to burn a hair upto the roots so that it doesn't grow again. When burning a hair root with the laser we have to make sure that we do not burn the skin. Hair which are thick and in the growing phase have a black root. Black roots absorb the laser energy completely and get burnt. Thin hairs which are present on all areas of the body except palms and soles do not absorb sufficient laser energy and get partially burnt. Hair which are thick but in the resting phase have white roots and hence do not absorb the laser properly. Thus they have to fall and a new hair which is growing will be targeted when we do the next session. I use an IPL machine in my setup. Most of the visible hair vanish in 4 to 5 sessions and another 4 to 5 sessions will be needed after that for maintainence. Maintainence sessions can be done at increased intervals like once in 3 months or as and when the hair starts growing again. The hair that get burnt fully usually do not grow back but some follicles are very resistant and keep becoming thinner instead of getting burnt. Then the sessions are repeated till no all the hairs become very thin and are not visible from a distance. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore