Labor like pain in period

Since birth of our now 3 year old son, my wife complains that her period pain has got increased and its more shooting and feels close to labor like pain on first 2 days, mainly on her back around tailbone. During our kid delivery, my wife was in labor for few hours, and later had to go for c section as doctor felt that as needed. We wanted to know what could be possible reason for it. Based on your initial thoughts, we would take it further for any specialist visits, per need. Thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on Labor like pain in period

Dr. Aparnaa Panda Bangalore | Gynecologist
Get an ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis to rule out any endometriosis or pelvic inflammatory disease. If she has excessive white discharge it has to be treated. This is only the first child and so mostly u must not have got the sterilisation operation done? A good contraceptive pill that suits her will relieve her of her symptoms if the ultrasound report is normal. Labour and caesarean is unlikely to cause these symptoms.