Knee joint pain
Hi, I have pain in knee.. whenever I straighten my legs there is noise(kut) in knee band. I feel pain sometimes not daily. My age is 30 years. Please suggest.

Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Avoid sitting Cross legged. Avoid Squatting- Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Sports Taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area Contrast Fomentation (Hot and Cold).
Dr. Harisha N L

Hi there i understand your concern...A joint capsule surrounds all synovial joints and is a “closed” system filled with fluid, so any deformation would cause a change in pressure. Natural pockets of gas within the joint form a bubble and quickly collapses, causing the sound....if you don't have associated pain,swelling etc nothing much to worry....if you have pain it may be due to osteo arthritis... Since you have it occasionally it may be normal or abnormal... Which has to be decided by clinical examination... Consult nearest orthopedic surgeon they will do the needful.