Knee and Joints pain
Kumari is my Mother and she is having knee and joint pains. Sometimes swelling happens at foot joints and knee area. Weight is 80 and height is 5.6 feets.  Recently we consulted orthopedic specialist and taken medication but no improvement. Could you please advise right specialist and next steps. Thanks in advance.
28 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Ravi Nayak
Orthopedist 12 yrs exp Mumbai

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹400 for 24 hrs

Your mother has multiple joint pain, esp. in the knees. This can be due to arthritis of aging, or due to inflammation of joints (can be due to high uric acid, rheumatoid,etc.) You need to consult either an Orthopaedic surgeon or a Rheumatologist, who will examine her thoroughly and ask for Xrays and blood tests. Het further treatment will depend on the results of these tests.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.