Kindney Stone and Milk

Recently Kidney Stone detected in both Kidneys of my wife. Size of stone in one Kidney is 7mm. And in another Kidney, stone is generating so its size is less than 7mm. Treatment is going on. One doctor says, apart from medicines, consume a lot of water and avoid seeds content vegetables. And another doctor says same but he says to avoid milk and milk product also. I believe, avoiding milk products and avoiding milk both are little bit different. She is vegetarian and she is weak also that's why I am concerned with milk only. Please clarify this confusion.

Doctor Answers (1) on Kindney Stone and Milk

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi....., Consumption of milk and milk.products is not an contraindication for kidney stones.... Calcium in food doesn't have an effect on your risk of kidney stones. Continue eating calcium-rich foods unless your doctor advises otherwise. .... Most kidney stones won't require invasive treatment. You may be able to pass a small stone by: Drinking water. Drink as much as 2 to 3 liters a day may help flush out your urinary system....