Kidney stones
Hii.. 4mm calculi stones in my right kidney...suggest me the right medicine to get rid of stones completely and appropriate diet to be followed... Make sure i should not get the stones again

Dr. Karun Singla
Andrologist 11 yrs exp Chandigarh

Kidney stones are notorious for recurrence.  Almost half of the people who have stones form stones again after stone removal. A 4mm renal stone, if asymptomatic, could be left as such.  You can try some urinary alkalizer such as alkacip/ citralka etc for a month or so. Ensure you take adequate fluids orally. Reduce salt intake.  Take lots of citrus fruits and juices. All this can reduce stone formation but not totally stop it.