Kidney stone
My father has diagnosed with  kidney stones of 11 mm in left kidney and 4mm in ureator.so i want to know surgery is necessary or not. If yes which type of surgery should we go for coz my father has suger bp cholesterol  tabs going on.please help.

For 4 mm ureteric stone, medication will be tried, if storm will not pass and cause rejected severe pain for that repeated injectable painkillers will be required then surgery will be required. And if he develops fever that will also be a preferable surgical treatment condition. If surgery will be required then kidney stone also to be dealt. Surgery called as URS/RIRS (Ureteroscopic stone removal ) with DJ stenting. If you need more information then consult an expert.