Kidney stone

I have kidney stone problem from last 2 years..i tried all kind of medicine in homoeopathy aurvedic and also allopathic..bt no relief. I have 4 stone in right side kidney with 4 mm of all and 3 stone on left side about 3.5 mm of size...I dont want to take medicine now...I want to take ESWL treatment...I want to know it's is harmful and can it break all the stone into small pieces ?? Plz tell me about ESWL treatment.

Doctor Answers (1) on Kidney stone

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...., ESWL uses sound waves to create strong vibrations (shock waves) that break the stones into tiny pieces that can be passed in your urine. The procedure lasts about 45 to 60 minutes and can cause moderate pain, so you may be under sedation or light anesthesia to make you comfortable. ESWL can cause blood in the urine, bruising on the back or abdomen, bleeding around the kidney and other adjacent organs, and discomfort as the stone fragments pass through the urinary tract.