Kidney Laceration

Hello. I had a fall from my Scooty on Saturday the 30 th of July. This was at 5 am and I fell on my back. I had initial shock like symptoms for 5 mins and bruises (minor) on the right side of my body(palms, elbows, shoulder and knee - all on the right side only). I also realized on getting up that I had sprained my tail bone because it hurt a lot. at 10am with severe cramps in my abdominal region. And then I started passing blood in my urine. I left for the hospital (Apollo Bannerghatta road) and they advised me to take a urine test and blood tests and a CT scan. The Creatinine levels in my blood were normal but I had a high count of WBC. There were plenty of RBC in my urine and pus cells. The CT scan claimed to suggest that I have a mild laceration on my right kidney. I was also diagnosed based on the results with a UTI I did a repeat of the urine tests and an ultrasound of kub two days ago and all of them were normal. i would like to know whats the recovery treatment for this?

Doctor Answers (1) on Kidney Laceration

Dr. Lohith Bangalore | General Physician
Blunt injury to solid organ is common in high velocity Road Traffic accidents. The treatment is usually wait and watch only, considering CT scan did not show any active bleeding in the stomach, so as Ultrasound scan. Follow up is important. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids and watch for blood in urine. Usually would not result in any long term complications. You can send me scan report