pediatrician-icon
Kid swallowed dates seed.
Dr. My kid just 2 years old, swallowed dates seed and this is of second time. Is there anything to be worried about or how its going to trouble him. Kindly give us a solution..
11262 Views v

Answers (3)

Like the answers? Consult privately with the doctor of your choice

It will be passed in stools undigested but you will have to watch for 3-4 days.... Pl keep safety as this is 2nd time.... Sometimes it may cause trouble also...
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Absolutely correct, keep small objects like battery, coins, pins etc out of site, they are curious and they will put most things into mouth
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
0/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Hi.. My self Dr kirti Prajapati.. Practicing as a pediatric surgeon. Swallowing a date seed doesn't cause any problem as it will pass undigested in stool.  But you have to be careful that your kid should not be given or should be away from such small things as that may cause choking hazard... That is instead of seed going into food pipe.. It goes to wind pipe... And that can cause emergency situation. So up-to 4 yrs of age kids should be kept away from such small things like seeds... Nuts... Etc...
Next Steps
no worries if your kid pass it in stool.  very rarely if there is webbing or narrowing in intestine ..it causes problem and in such case patient presents with persistent vomiting or abdominal distension... if so.. visit a pediatric surgeon.
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
3/3 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?

This question featured in :

Discomfort swallowing on left side Not able to swallow food Pain during swallowing
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.