Keloid Scar
I have keloid scars on my shoulder and one on my chest. Have took few laser treatments, they have flattened but not removed completely. I have really huge scars. Please help.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Keloid is a difficult medical condition to treat completely. The most common reason to have keloid is after a skin trauma and the risk increases many-folds if other family members are affected (strong genetic tendency). Intralesional drugs are commonly used by dermatologists all over to treat keloids. Most of the time, it requires multiple sessions and we aexpect atleast 50-70 % improvement in terms of flattening and minimizing itch. Use of a silicon based sheet for daily usage helps in maintenance and gradually contouring with good textural match.