Jockitch From 1 Year

Can Jockitch infection since 6-8 months be cured with Tea Tree Oil or visit to a Dermatologist is required?

Doctor Answers (2) on Jockitch From 1 Year

Dr. Syed Rahil Hyderabad | Dermatologist
Unfortunately I am unable to comment regarding usefulness of tea tree oil in the treatment of Jock itch as I have no experience in this kind of approach.
I would stongly advise you to see a dermatologist as Jock itch is a treatable condition and there are many treatment options available.
It is easy to control/ cure infections in the early stages so it is wise not to delay in seeking expert opinion.
Fungal infection is becoming an increasing problem due to rampant usage of antifungals, mostly self medication by the patients. To add to the problem, many combination tubes are easily available in market and there is no regulation on the sale. They make the fungal infection a permanent problem though it may provide temporary relief. Please see a dermatologist as some extra medications are co-prescribed many a times to treat this complicated fungal infection. If needed a simple skin test can also be done to confirm the diagnosis. Till then use only over-the-counter anti-allergic medications to control itching. Personal hygiene should be good. Wear loose fitting clothes.
Usually it resolves in 2 weeks with proper treatment.
Avoid self medications.