Itchy Scalp

Hi , I am suffering from itchy scalp from 1 week and i washed my hair with anti dandruff shampoo as well but there is no relief. when i itch on my scalp i get dandruff and some black small particle. you can say its dandruff in black color. This is the 1st time i am seeing. Help me to get rid of this. Due to this i also have itchy neck. Thank you hope you will provide any resolution for this.

Dr. Shivashankar B. Sajjanshetty
Trichologist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi.. looks like you have seborrheic dermatitis which is a severe from of dandruff. This condition needs a long term treatment. There are good medicines available for controlling dandruff like coal tar , fluocinalone, ketoconazole shampoos and some topical solutions and also oral medications. Dermatologist / trichologist will prescribe you any of these medicines to control your dandruff Hope this helps Dr Shivashankar