cancer-icon

Is it Cancerous?

I am 30 years old female. I hv lump in the neck for while now, I consulted ENT in RML hospital, initially they have advised thyroid profile, anti-tpo which came normal. Later they did ultrasound and found- 26x38 mm echogenic nodule rim in right lobe and further advised FNAC . Report states Atypical-Suspicious - Follicular Neoplasm-Bethesda GradeIV. Now what should be my next step as doctor said surgery needed which I want to avoid if possible. I am sole earning member and money is great deal for me. Kindly advise the best could be done in my case? Should I consult in Rahi Gandhi Cancer Hospital ?

Doctor Answers (3) on Is it Cancerous?

Dr. Shubham Jain Delhi | Surgical Oncologist
Surgery is inevitable next step in the evaluation. You may be suffering from thyroid cancer. But considering your age and description, it may be in initial stage in present and may be curable. I shall be happy to help.
Dr. Abhinav Choudhary Delhi | Thoracic Surgeon
Dear madam, if treated at an early stage thyroid tumors have 100 % cure rate, & yours is in an early stage, so surgery is a must, & if you delay the treatment then the cost involved will become far more than the cost of surgery. We have a competent team at fortis hospital Vasant Kunj & we do our best to help the patient financially.
Dr. Sandeep Nayak Bangalore | Surgical Oncologist
Dear madam,
Thyroid nodules, like the one you have, have 20% risk of being cancer. Having said that thyroid cancers are common at your age and have best prognosis. These are good cancers. However, you have to have surgery to be cured. Your surgery could be open or laparoscopic (endoscopic thyroidectomy). Now a days many young women are opting for endoscopic as there are no scars and possibly less side effects. You could opt for that.