Irritable bowel moments

My mother was told to do a test of stool calproctein the result was 89.4 it must be 50 what can be result

Hello..... Based on the history you have given, I think you should know that calproctein is a test done to ascertain whether inflammation of intestine is present or not.... So its useful in inflammatory bowel disease (IBS)... It can also be helpful in celiac disease, colitis, intestinal cystic fibrosis..... Elevated calproctein doesn't aid in knowing the exact cause or location of the inflammation...generally endoscopy is done to examine and to take a tisssue sample to know the inflammation, since it is a invasive procedure, This assay avoids that and helps in diagnosis...The false positive results can be seen in excessive intake of NSAIDS ( like aspirin) which would have damaged the gut... Kindly consult a nearest physician for further queries.....