Irregular periods

Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. First of all i didnt get my periods till 16 and then a doctor gave me some tablets for geeting periods. But still after that i got period only once and i didnt get after that. But now since two months i am getting my periods 3-4 times a month. Its stopping only for 2-3 days and then again i am getting it back. In my blood report my prolactin level is quite high. Plz help me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Irregular periods

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh Pune | Gynecologist
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