Irregular periods

Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. First of all i didnt get my periods till 16 and then a doctor gave me some tablets for geeting periods. But still after that i got period only once and i didnt get after that. But now since two months i am getting my periods 3-4 times a month. Its stopping only for 2-3 days and then again i am getting it back. In my blood report my prolactin level is quite high. Plz help me.

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 13 yrs exp Pune

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