Doctor Answers (1) on Irregular period
Thank you for your query regarding irregular menstrual cycle since March 2016.
At 26 years of age a period irregularity may be due to
1. Hormonal imbalance. Increased prolactin, thyroid disorders, Pcos.
2. Increased stress: Long hours, weight loss or gain, dietary changes, frequent travel etc.
3. Structural problem of the uterus like fibroids, Adenomyosis or cervical lesions.
It is also important for me to know weather you had a pregancy 6 months ago, weather you are currently breastfeeding and if any hormonal medication was prescribed due to irregular cycles. Also to note you wish for fertility.
You would require to:
1. Maintain a menstrual diary.
2. See a Gynaecologist for full history, examination and further tests.
Do let me know if you have any further queries.