Irregular period

From March of this year , my period is irregular. In Feb month I had taken tnsn due to this I miss my period in Feb month Nd next month from March to may period came but in June month again miss . Then in July 3rd period came Nd this month period didn't come till now . This is happening 1st tym and I know this had happened because of tnsn that I faced in February month . But now everything is fine ,but still period problem is coming .and also period date is changing. So please tell me what I should do .

Doctor Answers (1) on Irregular period

Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for your query regarding irregular menstrual cycle since March 2016.

At 26 years of age a period irregularity may be due to
1. Hormonal imbalance. Increased prolactin, thyroid disorders, Pcos.
2. Increased stress: Long hours, weight loss or gain, dietary changes, frequent travel etc.
3. Structural problem of the uterus like fibroids, Adenomyosis or cervical lesions.

It is also important for me to know weather you had a pregancy 6 months ago, weather you are currently breastfeeding and if any hormonal medication was prescribed due to irregular cycles. Also to note you wish for fertility.

You would require to:
1. Maintain a menstrual diary.
2. See a Gynaecologist for full history, examination and further tests.

Do let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Aditi