Ipill and menstrual cycle

Hello, I am married and has a child of 1 and half years. Due to unprotected sex, I had to take i pill in the month of august and september. Periods were regular until september. But in september I had menses only for 3 days which was usually lasting upto 5-6 days. But unfortunately in the month of october, I did not get my periods. (Menstrual date was supposed to be on 24th). So I did a pregnancy test and is NEGATIVE. Is this delay of menses is effect of i pill? If so, when can I expect my periods? Also, are there any chances of getting pregnant if done unprotected sex before the next periods? (I mean, are there any possibilities of ovulation without menses)? I humbly request you to give me answers for the listed questions. Thank you.

Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, Firstly, taking iPill is not good. This might be the reason behind your missed periods. Visit a gynecologist and she will prescribe you a better contracreption medicine that will be safe for you. You can also visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in New Delhi for further evaluation. My clinic offers varied gynecology treatments and services to help you have a successful treatment. You can mail me your contact details so that I can get in touch with you.
Dr. Parnamita Bhattacharya
Gynecologist 11 yrs exp Kolkata
It's not good to take I-pill. Your period may be delayed because of the medicine. There is always a chance of pregnancy with unprotected sex and yes ovulation can occur without period. Please visit a gynecologist for a regular method of contraception