Internal Medicine

Sir plz read my story (i)In 2001-2002 a Dog had bitten me,it was neighbours dog so i had not taken vaccine at that time,but later on after 5-6 years i got tention and i took 3 vaccines in 2008. In total 12 rabies vaccine from 2008-2012(post exposure).So my question is can i get rabies in future due to this?? (ii)Last year 2015 november i went to a mela and i had dinner in a hotel,They kept the food in floor in a container,but later on i got tention that if any dog had also eaten the Food. Many doctors have told that rabies incubation period is 1-3 months and sir as i have crossed 6-7months so can i get rabies in future? Many doctors also told that i have high immunity against rabies due to all 12 vaccines between 2008-2012..And vaccines lasts for 5-6years,So its not necessasry to vaccine now, Sir please reply my this 2 questions then i will be free of mind and i can live peacefully,otherwise these questions will eat me..After this i will not ask any more question

Doctor Answers (1) on Internal Medicine

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar Delhi | General Physician
I have worked in Safdarjung hospital which attends to maximum number of Dog bite cases in the country. You are fully vaccinated and you have no chance of getting rabies. Be happy and stay blessed