diabetes-icon
Insulin dosage low sugar
I am regularly taking insulin, Homology & Homology mix. I had high blood sugar of 600 abt. 2 weeks before due to me not taking my insulin for 2 months. Then I started taking my insulin shots 20 breakfast , 12 dinner for Homology mix & lunch 16 Homology. Now on checking blood sugar it is come down to 102. So my question is should I continue to take insulin shots & if yes what should be my dosage for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Please help. Many Thanks Anita!!

Rakesh Arora
Endocrinologist 5 yrs exp Amritsar
The answer to your first question is 'yes you should continue taking it'. For the next question, all your records and blood sugar profile has to be studied before deciding upon the dose that you need.
See an Endocrinologist
Don't stop insulin on your own. It could be fatal.