Ingrown hair or post-op MRSA?
My boyfriend had emergency ortho surgery on an open complicated tib/fib fracture one and a half weeks ago. He’s metal from the right knee down now, and though he’s got no fever, there’s a pretty ugly blister showing up on his forearm. The blister and the redness are about the size of a pencil eraser right now. It’s nowhere near the injury site, but it was a motorcycle accident so he could have had a wound there? I’m wildly intolerant to antibiotics so I need to figure it out now if this is MRSA.
17 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

These fracture blisters are most commonly seen in severe injury like bone is crushed or severely replaced.its common in ankle ,tibia ,fibula # Blisters ndicate the soft tissue injury. From your question you are mentioned that metal is used...# is on the same bone. It filled with usually clear or bloody fluids
Next Steps
don't try to rupture it. elevate the  affected limb
Health Tips
consult your orthopaedic surgeon .he will provide antibiotic creams for local application
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
0/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.