Infection on penis

Hi, I get tiny cracks on the tip of the foreskin sometimes which pain a lot. Foreskin from inside is red and has some rash which itches. Urethra is red and it pains sometime while passing urine. I have been applyng neosporin but the infection goes off and comes back. Could you please advise what needs to be done in this case?
views-icons 31 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Infection on penis

doctor profile image
Venkat Raghav
Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

Hello, The cuts or cracks are usually due to tight foreskin. The erection stretches this tight foreskin which then cracks at places. The phimosis or tight foreskin causes smegma to form a dry layer at tip of penis. There are many creams available for local application which can loosen the foreskin. Good personal hygiene is also important in keeping the foreskin loose. Infection of tip of penis or balanitis is often a cause. A swab test should be sent for culture and often a small surgery is required to correct this if medication is not helping. Consult an urologist for this. 
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?