Infection in pubic region

Hi , i am having some kind of skin infections in and around my pubic and buttocks regions.infection seems like red boils or lesions and are very itchy.I had used ringuard but of no use.I doubt it could be herpes but not sure.It seems to be spreading.

Doctor Answers (1) on Infection in pubic region

Dr. Vijay Adhe Pune | Dermatologist
Hi From your description, it seems to be fungal infection and you require a proper treatment course for the same. Herpes is sudden eruption of many fluid filled grouped blisters and is usually painful than itchy. Do not use OTC products or self medicate or you may turn that minor skin infection into big problem yourself as many skin creams available in market contain steroids which should not be used without specialist's supervision. Keep that area dry off sweat as fungus grows in hot and moist areas. Kindly visit dermatologist for proper treatment. Best regards Dr Vijay Adhe, Eternis Skin & Hair Clinic, Pune.