Infection in crotch area

I am having fungal infection in crotch area. It happens on a regular basis now. Once I apply a cream or take prescribed medicine, till then it is fine but after some days again itching starts. Kindly guide me with proper advise.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards