immune-system-icon

Infection from blood?

My grandfather fell down and injured his elbow. Later he used a hand towel to remove the blood from his elbow and knee. Without realising that, I used the same towel to eat food, placing rotis directly on that area. The time between the two things is approximately one hour. My grandfather is otherwise healthy and fit. Am I at risk of any infection?

Doctor Answers (2) on Infection from blood?

DR .V.HARI PRASAD Chittoor | General Physician
yes there is risk for infection due to contamination.never touch blood or pus or any body fluids like saliva ec of others without taking proper care .some people may appear fit and healthy externally ,but carry deadly infections with them, which may cause harm to others.
if you are normal right now ,noacute infection is there in you.if you have previous experiences like this consult a general physician who can do certain tests to disclose any thing present in your body
Dr. Pankaj Kumar Delhi | General Physician
Now you don't have any option except wait and watch... If signs of infection is present like fever then he may need antibiotic