Increase weight

I am 5 feet 7 inches 22M.. My weight is 57. Am i underweight... Because my body looks like child but i am not skinny... My ribcage is small... How to increase size of rib cage... And also i have small fat near chest which make me look shorter than others how to overcome it... Thank you...

Doctor Answers (2) on Increase weight

Ms. Bipasha Das Delhi | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi dear
I understand your concern, but as Dr. Jain said you need not worry about you being underweight. You are OK. But as far as your ribcage is concerned and looks concerned, they are build according to the stature you carried from your parental genes. Nothing much we can do to change it. Instead you look after yourself in this way, that whatever it is. You should be confident to carry yourself that way and try to get high protein diet from a professional like us and build a fit body and remain healthy n smiling.
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. 

I can understand your concern. 
Your BMI can be calculated using a formula i.e.., weight in kgs divided by square of height in cms.
Your BMI comes around 19.8 which is good.
18.5 to 25 is normal.
So you dont have to increase your weight or anything.
Have a high protein diet and workout daily, it will add good muscle mass.
Best regards.
Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Bangalore.