Increase digestion?

All my tests came normal but not able to improve my digestion and gain weight. i also feel very weak. I am not able to gain weight despite eating right. Milk, soy, dry fruits gives gas to me and hence I am avoiding them. What should I do improve my digestion, appetite, and gain weight without taking any medicines or supplements?
views-icons 35 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Increase digestion?

Dr. Chinmay das Bangalore | Yoga and Naturopathy
laghu sankha prakkyalana twice a month and two ripe bananas after meals
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...ideal weight for your height is about 70kgs. So you are slightly underweight. And it is good that you are trying natural way, rather than go for medications. You need to gain muscle mass and not fat. If you are having gastritis, take pantoprazole 40ng once in the morning half hour before your breakfast for one week. Have multiple short meals (4 to 5) instead of 3 big meals. Avoid spicy and junk foods. as you know few people have very high basic metabolism rate. It will be difficult for them to gain weight. Also one should remember gaining weight and losing weight is a very gradual process. It will a lot of time, patience and determination. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise schedule. Start having food rich in proteins like pulses, soyabeans, vegetables, fruits, egg whiteboiled , boiled chicken. Regarding exercises, start cycling or swimming, whatever you are comfortable with and enjoy most. Along with it try doing high bar excercises. You can also visit a dietician for further queries. Consult general surgeon if gastritis persists even after conservative measures.